Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My $3 Thrifted Vintage House Coat Makeover?

Stay with me here, I have no real sense of fashion beyond a sense of what I like. But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I had a lightening strike at the Salvation Army today.

It all began when a cute blue and white floral pattern jumped off the rack at me. "Cute" I thought. So I checked it out. Granny house coat. OK. Cool though, with it's vintage-y quilted neckline, cute pattern, and I love those snaps. And if I don't wear it, I can cut it up and use it as fabric. And for $1.50 why the heck not?

I was also in the market for a wide leather belt to go with a dress I just ordered which is to be gushed about at a later date, and I found a pretty nice one, also for $1.50. In the dressing room, yeah, the house coat was a house coat:


Before you look at the rest of this post, please know I'm duly mortified by the dirty mirror. While it quite accurately represents the state of EVERYTHING in my household that lives at little person level, I realize that if I plan to blog self portraits in the future I'm going to need to find a dedicated "clean mirror". I apologize in advance.

ANYWAY. Next thing to do was try on the belt, so I did...over the house coat! And maybe I'm nutso, but I think the result is pretty darn cute! So how 'bout it ladies? Housecoat dresses? Raid your Grandma's closet and let me know how it turns out!


Pretty quilted neckline:


Super bonus sweet: POCKETS!


Also scored this cute little quilt and a Juice-O-Mat! These old kitchen things remind me of the cars of their time, I love it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment